How do I know that I will be seeing a fully qualified practitioner?
I am a qualified Therapist. I’m a full Member of the guild of Holistic Therapists and thereby adheres to their strict code of practice and ethics.
Click on the link to find out more about Guild of Holistic Therapists.
What does Holistic mean?
The word holistic is taken from the Greek word ‘Holos’ meaning whole.
A Holistic Therapy treats the whole person not just the physical symptoms of the disease, and deals with the individual as a whole incorporating body, mind, and spirit.
Can I have Massage if I’m pregnant?
Yes but not for the first three months. You will find that massage can be wonderful throughout pregnancy to alleviate any symptoms such as nausea, heartburn, and backache. I have specific pregnancy massage qualifications.
Can you treat my child?
Massage & Indian Head Massage can be of great benefit to children just as it can be for adults. Treatment of a child under 16 would require the completion of a consent form by the child’s parent or guardian; also an accompanying adult must be present throughout the treatment session.
I feel self-conscious about my body!
Nearly everyone feels self-conscious about their body in one way or another. Don’t let this stop you having a massage! It is a pleasurable experience and can really help to relieve & soothe both aches and pains, help the client unwind and to relieve stress. I’ve seen all kinds of bodies in all shape and sizes, from young to old and I am not here to judge. Please don’t let feeling self-conscious about your weight or other body issues be a reason not to have a massage.
How many treatments do I need?
This really depends on your individual needs & circumstances.
How can I expect to feel after treatment?
Individual responses to massage are very different, and some people may not feel the benefit of the therapies immediately – it may take a couple of treatments.
After the treatment you may feel very calm and deeply relaxed, others may feel energised and full of bounce! However, because massage aids in the removal of toxins from the body, it is possible that you may experience one or several of the following:
- Cold type symptoms such as a runny nose
- Feeling light-headed or sleepy
- Increase in excretory functions
Taking it easy, eating only lightly and drinking plenty of water/herbal teas will soon flush the system out.
These are a natural, positive reaction which is part of the healing process. They should last for 24 hours only.
**If you are unsure about which is the treatment for you, or don’t want to commit to a full treatment, come for a taster session – £10 for a 15 minute appointment.**
Massage Treatments Consultation – 1st visit
I will take a medical history and talk about how you are feeling and we can discuss any concerns.
Although massage is very safe there are a few contra-indications where I would be unable to massage you. Please study the list below and ring me before you attend your treatment to discuss your individual situation.
- Have you had a recent operation?
- Are there any Cancers in your immediate family? I can treat you but may need written permission from your consultant.
- Do you suffer from Epilepsy / Migraine / Headaches
- Do you have any Breathing problems / Asthma / Allergies / Coughs, colds, infections?
- Do you have any Heart Disease/ Pacemaker / Thrombosis / High/Low Blood Pressure / Varicose or broken veins
- Please note I am unable to treat you if you have had any Immunisations with 48 hrs
- Do you have Diabetes/ Hepatitis – please discuss having a massage with your GP before your visit.
- Are you Pregnant – I cannot massage you during the first 12 weeks
- Have you had a recent Miscarriage?
- Do you have any Swellings/ Problems/ Scar tissue / Allergies/ Open wounds or cuts
Please discuss any of your medical conditions with your GP and ensure that he is happy for you to receive a massage.
Still feeling anxious about coming for a massage treatment with me…. take a look at my other Blog which has a step by step guide of what happens when you visit me.